● Time is a precious resource
● As with any other resource, we can either be wise in the way we use it or foolish!
So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.
● How we spend our time now affects our eternity
2 Corinthians 4:18
So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.
● We are called to do the right thing at the right timing!
● Don’t rush into seasons (Ecc 3:11).
● Don’t procrastinate tasks that are to be done at specific times (Luke 14:28).
● We can ask God for wisdom (James 1:5, Proverbs 16:9)!
● Plan your schedule
● Set aside time at the end of each week to plan for the upcoming week.
■ Determine what are your non-negotiables, and block out time for them each week.
● List out your (i) appointments and (ii) tasks for the week and rank them in order of priority based on their urgency and importance.
■ Assign an amount of time for each appointment/task!
● Be reasonable about the amount of time needed for each!
● Setting unrealistic goals will make stressed out or feel like you’re not being productive
■ Slot these appointments and tasks within your schedule.
● If you don’t manage to accomplish all your lists within the week, set a reminder to have them included when you plan for next week’s schedule.
■ For appointments or tasks that appear over the week, re-adjust your schedule accordingly!
● Manage your tasks
● When a task or a role is given or offered to you:
■ Ask clearly what the commitment required of you is
● E.g What is your role, and how much time will it take?
● Break down big projects into weekly tasks that you can set deadlines for.
■ Delegate sub-tasks to ease the load but also to teach someone else!
■ If you realise that you can’t handle a task assigned to you:
● Let the person in-charge know ASAP
● That comes from a heart of honouring them and respecting the time of others
■ If you can’t manage, ASK FOR HELP!
● Budget for more time than needed, in case of unforeseen delays.
● Stick to your weekly tasks, if not all the other tasks will be affected!
Col 4:5 // Psalm 90:12 // James 1:5 // 2 Cor 4:18 // 2 Cor 4:18 // Luke 14:28 // Proverbs 21:5 // Proverbs 6:6-8 // Ecc 3:1 -2 // Prov 16:9 // Exodus 18:17-21 // Prov 14:23 // Prov 10:4