Put God first
- Say a short prayer before every study session
- Focus and wisdom to be able to understand all concepts to be learnt
- Against all distractions - tiredness, social media
- Surrender all stress and worry
Organize your study time
- Schedule fixed timings to study
- Create a detailed daily to-do list e.g. list of chapters to revise, concepts to memorize, HBL videos to watch
- Keep it achievable! Accomplishing them helps keep you motivated!
Avoid social media at all costs while studying
- Turning your attention to social media causes you to have to re-read whatever you read right before you got distracted
- Doing this over and over = taking more time that’s needed to complete your work!
- This is harder than it sounds, but choosing to NOT open your social media when tempted - repeatedly… helps build your discipline
- Know what’s tested and how things are tested in your exams
- Revise exactly the way concepts would be tested
- Focus on important/tested topics
- Topics that are not tested but you’re interested in, leave it for post-exam/holidays
- Practise active recalling
- After making notes and reading through, move into active learning by asking questions and testing yourself!
- Start with understanding the concept, then explain it without referring to anything!
- If you're not able to answer it correctly, look back at the notes and see what you've missed out, then have a go at the question again!
- Do this for the different concepts that you have and it will be stuck in your long-term memory!
- Study by teaching
- Write down / explain the concept and pretend you are teaching it to someone! This highlights to you what you do / do not understand
- Review and look back at the source material, see what you've missed out, re-learn it and repeat this process until nothing is left out
- Minimize confusing wordings or languages. Find YOUR WAY to phrase concepts
Keep your motivation up
- Mindset to have: “EVERY EFFORT COUNTS”, “THIS REVISION IS GOING TO MATTER”
- Have ready snacks for the week - treat yourself to a snack after each/some tasks on your list through the day! You decide the frequency
- When feeling unmotivated, remind yourself of the results and rewards that would come, and the undesired outcomes too
- Write down your specific goals for each subject/module for your upcoming test/exam and paste it somewhere visible during your revision